Armchair Decorator… yep, it’s an official title. Coined by me. At least I think so. You might be wondering, “What the heck is an Armchair Decorator?” So glad you asked!
I think that there are thousands and thousands of us Armchair Decorators out there. We just didn’t know what to call ourselves. We aren’t certified interior decorators with certificates on our walls or initials after our names, but we have a knack for making things look nice. One thing that an Armchair Decorator is NOT is the equivalent of a couch potato. Quite the opposite, in fact. Far, far across the street, down the road and around the corner…opposite.
OK, now that we have established that, here are some other things that us Armchair Decorators have in common:
* We are creative, always thinking of how we can improve our homes aesthetically and organizationally.
* We seek out ideas on blogs, Pinterest, magazines, catalogs, books, HGTV, and other people’s houses.
* We are probably busier than most people because we don’t just hang out in our comfy chairs, we get out there and get…it…done.
* We don’t just find great ideas, we bring them to life. We re-do, build, improve and spice it up.
* In fact, we don’t subscribe to catalogs to buy their stuff. We get them so we can copy their ideas.
* Our friends are always asking for advice and help in their homes.
WOW… looking at this list makes me realize just how AWESOME we are. So, if this list describes you, congratulations! You now have an (un)official title! Now, go make yourself a really great certificate, using a really great font and run down to your local thrift store and get a really great frame that you can paint to match your really great home. You will have that (un)official Armchair Decorator framed and hanging in no time flat. That’s just what we do.